Monday, February 2, 2015

What technology means to me

To say that technology has affected my life in a positive way is an understatement.  As a millennial, I have grown up around technology, and it has shaped how I live my life.  Something as simple as a tweet or post on social media has become one of the most influential sources of news and information for a growing population myself included.  With the growth of social media and real time technology like smartphones and mobile devices, this is becoming more and more commonplace.  My generation will always consume their information this way to some extent, but as we are growing, we are changing the technology field as we move along with it.
Technology is used in more than just the spread of vital information.  Advances in real time technology have accelerated businesses and their successes.  In the retail and fashion industry, transactions and the exchange of money, information and reports creates the opportunities for fashion companies to better know their customer and sell them products in the most simple and easy ways.  On the other hand, technology in the medical field has created the opportunity for a longer livelihood.  Therefore, people are experiencing the ease of living a life with the crutch of technology, and are living longer, healthier and more up to speed life.  I believe that this is a good thing, and I have embraced the benefits of using technology to the best of my ability.

1 comment:

  1. I hope technology becomes a tool that can be used in order to disrupt the fashion industry to generate positive changes.
    Lina Castro

    ReplyDelete